Therapeutic Intervention and Peer Support (Teens)
Therapeutic Intervention and Peer Support Group (TIPS)
TIPS is a 15 week programme for teenagers designed by occupational and speech and language therapists.
The aim of this program is to facilitate the development of skills that are essential for teenagers to achieve their maximum potential and participate fully in their home, school, and social environments.
Who can benefit
The programme is aimed at teenagers who experience difficulties in a variety of areas including:
- Initiating and maintaining social relationships
- Organization and time management
- Initiating and completing routines and daily tasks
- Self-esteem and confidence
- Motor power, control, and coordination
- Academic strategies
- Day and time: Call for next group
- Frequency: Once a week for 15 weeks
This programme is designed in 15 week segments with essential components each week with each week building on the previous week. It is therefore advised that participants attend for all sessions to ensure maximum outcomes.